Tuscany Rice & Bean Soup
- 1 cup uncooked Texmati® Light Brown Rice
- 8 ozs Italian sausage
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Great Northern beans, undrained
- Brown sausage in 4 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, about 6 minutes. Drain fat. Stir in broth, tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano; bring to a boil. Stir in rice.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- During the last 10 minutes of simmering stir in beans.