Tri-Color Couscous with Grilled Beef Skewers
- 1 cup uncooked Tri-Color Couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Soak 4 wooden skewers in water.
- In bowl of food processor combine all marinade ingredients except oil. Pulse several times. With processor running slowly add oil until incorporated.
- Place meat cubes on soaked skewers. Place skewers flat in a container and pour marinade over, turning skewers to cover all sides of the meat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Drain skewers from marinade. Grill on all sides until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous: In a small saucepan sauté onion in butter on medium heat for about 2 minutes; add chicken broth or water and salt to taste if desired. Bring to a boil; stir in couscous.
- Cover and remove from the heat. Let rest 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon oil and fluff with fork or whisk.
- Serve with beef skewers.