- 1 cup, uncooked Texmati® Brown Rice
- 6 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken, cut into strips
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or to taste)
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- In large nonstick skillet or wok, fry bacon and onion until bacon is crisp and onions are transparent.
- Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through.
- Add mushrooms, red pepper and snow peas and cook 3 minutes.
- Fold in rice, salt and pepper and soy sauce. Continue to cook until heated through.
- Serve with additional soy sauce, if desired.