- 2 cups, cooked Red Quinoa
- 2 small avocados
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 orange, peeled & chopped into very small pieces
- 1/3 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- citrus vinaigrette
- salad greens
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- Peel avocados and chop 1 avocado into small pieces. Mash remaining avocado. Combine avocado pieces with quinoa, onion, orange pieces and almonds in a large bowl. Combine mashed avocado with orange juice, oil and honey; stir until well blended. Add seasoned salt and pepper to taste. Stir into the avocado quinoa mixture until completely blended.
- Spray four, 4 ounce custard cups with cooking spray. Pack mixture into cups firmly. Cover with plastic wrap pressing to cover entire surface; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Unmold onto salad plates; drizzle salad and plate lightly with vinaigrette. Top with salad greens.
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Quinoa product, including White Quinoa, Red Quinoa, or Tri-Color Quinoa.