- 1 1/2 cup uncooked Arborio Rice
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- to taste Salt and ground white pepper
- Heat water and broth in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until all grains are coated with butter.
- Add wine; stir until absorbed. Increase heat to medium-high; stir in 1 cup water-broth mixture.
- Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining water-broth mixture, 1 cup at a time, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another.
- Cook until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency, approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in cream, cheese, salt, pepper and remaining butter. Stir until mixture is creamy, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.