- 2 cups, cooked White Quinoa
- 3/4 cup grated Fontina or favorite cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon seeded and finely chopped jalapeno
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (green tops only)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 zest and juice of medium lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Place all quinoa cake ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended. Season to taste with salt.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Form quinoa mixture into small patties (about 1/4 cup for each). Place patties a few at a time in heated skillet. Cook approximately 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Keep quinoa cakes warm while frying remaining cakes. Serve with aioli. Can be made into smaller one bite size for a great appetizer idea.
*Cooking tip: This recipe can substitute any RiceSelect Quinoa product, including White Quinoa, Red Quinoa, or Tri-Color Quinoa.