- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, combine rice, Parmesan and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Press mixture into bottom of a 10-inch removable bottom pan.
- Distribute onion over crust and top with smoked Gouda and pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, until pecans are toasted.
*Courtesy of USA Rice Federation.